Matrix designs, manufactures, and sells innovative technological products that help keep people safe. Originally focused on the underground coal mining industry, Matrix has expanded into new industrial markets in the United States and globally.
We are currently seeking a Computer Vision Software Engineer Intern. The selected candidate will assist engineers in the planning and development of embedded software solutions using data science, computer vision, machine learning, or neural networks and assist in the implementation of the completed designs. This position works in a team environment at our home office in Newburgh, IN. This is not a remote position.
This position reports to the Software Manager.
This is a paid internship.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collect, annotate, analyze, and interpret datasets for use in computer vision applications.
• Evaluate, build reports, and provide recommendations on new models, algorithms, and datasets.
• Update and improve data training pipeline from annotation to testing an evaluation.
• Assist in the development and implementation of embedded software solutions.
• Assist engineers with documenting application requirements and specifications.
• Documentation of test results.
Qualifications & Competencies
• Education: Pursuing BSCS, BSEE, or BSCE.
• Experience developing software using one or more of the following languages/frameworks: Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow, DVC, LabelStudio, OpenCV, Pandas, Numpy, or Linux.
• Experience with object detection and classification algorithms for computer vision applications.
• Experience with LSTM regression algorithms preferred.
• Understanding of source control concepts.
• Most of the work will take place in a typical office setting (cubicle, desk, chair, computer, etc.) or in a lab/testing/development area (lab benches, test equipment, etc.).
• Occasional travel to vendor or partner facilities may be required (such as a contract manufacturing or engineering facility) but are rarely different from normal office or lab conditions. Safety glasses and ESD dissipative gear may be required.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, or crouch. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.