Matrix designs, manufactures, and sells innovative technological products that help keep people safe. Originally focused on the underground coal mining industry, Matrix has expanded into new industrial markets in the United States and globally.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer. This position works in a team environment at our home office in Newburgh, IN. This is not a remote position.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the design, development, prototyping, and testing of safety related electronic/electrical products and equipment. Will also be required to support the manufacturing and installation of equipment/products and provide support and training to technicians and field services personnel. Support activities may take the form of e-mails, phone calls, site visits at vendor or partner facilities and some field work, in an underground mining environment, supporting initial product installations and testing or troubleshooting abnormal or unusual issues observed in the field. Candidate must be a self-starter, with excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work alone or in a small team.
This position reports to the Hardware Manager.
Qualifications & Competencies
• The successful candidate should have a minimum of a
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering OR
• An Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering PLUS 3+ years of experience in Electrical/Electronic Technician/Designer role
• Must have basic computer skills and able to use Microsoft Office Suite
• Must have good working knowledge of basic analog and digital circuits and techniques
• Must have basic electrical test, measurement, troubleshooting skills
• Experience using various types of lab test equipment like DMMs, power supplies, function generators, and oscilloscopes is desired
• PCB schematic and layout design experience is preferred, using Altium Designer is better
• Good communication skills
• Ability to manage time and keep up with multiple projects
• The majority of the work will take place in a typical office setting (cubicle, desk, chair, computer, etc.) or in a lab/testing/development area (lab benches, test equipment, etc.)
• Occasional travel to vendor or partner facilities may be required (such as a contract manufacturing or engineering facility) but are rarely any different from the office conditions
• Occasional travel to end-use locations, in an underground mining environment, supporting initial product installations and testing or troubleshooting abnormal or unusual issues observed in the field
• Matrix employees are furnished with and required to wear safety gear such as hard hats, steel toe shoes, reflective clothing, earplugs, and safety glasses when working in those locations requiring such protective gear
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, or crouch. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.