Matrix designs, manufactures, and sells innovative technological products that help keep people safe. Originally focused on the underground coal mining industry, Matrix has expanded into new industrial markets in the United States and globally.
We are currently seeking a Demand Planner. This position works in a team environment at our home office in Newburgh, IN. This is not a remote position. The Demand Planner is responsible for developing, maintaining, and communicating production forecast models to Matrix’s executive management team and external providers. The Demand Planner will work with team members at all levels of the organization including sales/marketing, warehouse, and manufacturing to enhance cost-effectiveness with the on-time arrival of materials, components, and finished goods products.
This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collect sales and budget forecasts from executive leaders and translate into a production forecast.
• Deliver monthly forecasts to Matrix’s external providers and ensure expectations are clearly communicated and understood.
• Attend weekly and monthly supplier meetings.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal departments and external providers.
• Occasional travel for supplier visits or site audits.
• Enter purchasing requests for components, materials, and finished goods products.
• Translate warehouse product needs into production work orders.
• Adjust the internal production plan to meet ever-changing warehouse priorities.
• Develop and maintain key performance metrics to continuously improve forecast accuracy and enhance inventory turns.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Support the company’s ISO/IEC80079-34 initiatives.
Qualifications & Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or other relevant fields.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the demand planning role.
• Strong analytical skills along with acute attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Products software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external contacts.
• Experience in continuous improvement, lean concepts, or kaizen.
• Experience in working with ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP, or NetSuite.
Office setting with occasional need for travel (less than 10%).
The ability to sit at a desk for prolonged periods.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.