Matrix designs, manufactures, and sells innovative technological products that help keep people safe. Originally focused on the underground coal mining industry, Matrix has expanded into new industrial markets in the United States and globally.
We are currently seeking an Embedded Firmware Engineer who will assist in the planning and development of firmware and embedded systems and be mainly responsible for the implementation of the completed designs. Embedded environments may include but not be limited to Atmel processor families, RTOS, and Linux environments and will have heavy systems integration components. Coding of designs, documenting produced source code, and supporting existing legacy implementation will be the main components of this position. Development of test plans, actual testing, and documentation of test results for software developed will also be required.
This position reports to the Software Manager and is not a remote position at this time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the Planning and Architecture of Embedded systems
- User Interfaces
- System Interfaces
- System Integration
- Hardware Interfaces
- Hardware Integration
- Diagnostic Tools and Utilities
- Test Systems for Verification of Desired functionality
- Installation software
- Firmware Implementations of finalized designs
- Development and documentation of system requirements and specifications
- Application lab and field testing
- Documentation of test results
- Assist in the commissioning of various products
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 4-8 years experience developing with C/C++
- Good Object Oriented Design and Analysis skills
- AVR Family Experience preferred
- SAM Family Experience preferred
- Linux, RTOS, Windows Experience
- Experience in system architecture design and analysis
- Mining application experience and background preferred but not required
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately
- Organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of representing the company as a prime technical contact
- Daily Job duties will consist of office, lab, and desk work with occasional field testing required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near large moving machinery
- Customer operations may contain airborne particles and allergens
- Matrix employees are furnished and required to wear safety gear such as hard hats, steel-toe shoes, reflective clothing, earplugs, and safety glasses
- Occasional travel and ability to work various shifts as required by customer
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.