Matrix designs, manufactures, and sells innovative technological products that help keep people safe. Originally focused on the underground coal mining industry, Matrix has expanded into new industrial markets in the United States and globally.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Manager who will report to the Vice President of Business Development. This position reports to the office located in Lexington, Kentucky and is not a remote position.
The position of Marketing Manager will accelerate growth and increase brand awareness by designing and executing a marketing strategy to develop new markets, acquire new customers, ensuring retention of the current customer base. The primary focus will be on implementing the annual marketing plan and business development strategy aimed at the penetration of new geographic markets, additional industrial markets, and the leverage of new product lines into existing markets. These activities will result in increased sales pipeline and opportunities throughout our sales channels, diversification of the customer base, and broadening of Matrix’s market reach.
Duties and Responsibilities
Matrix is looking for a passionate and experienced Marketing Manager to join our growth-oriented technology company. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, knowledgeable competitor in B2B business with excellent communication and organizational skills.
The Marketing Manager will develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy to drive demand generation, brand awareness, and customer engagement. This position will work with organizational stakeholders to create and execute marketing programs to increase diversification, market share, and sales pipeline.
• Develop innovative marketing strategies and plans in line with company objectives and monitor the performance of all marketing activities to ensure company growth targets are met.
• Design multichannel campaigns targeting specific market segments or focusing on specific products or product lines.
• Oversee the planning and execution of all marketing campaigns, promotions, and events, including tradeshows, customer conferences, customer appreciation events, webinars, lead generation campaigns, email campaigns, social media campaigns, content syndication, etc.
• Manage and develop content, including articles, white papers, blogs, videos, animations, press releases, promotional materials, ads, etc.
• Manage all aspects of digital marketing, including website content, SEO/SEM, email campaigns, and social media.
• Organize analysis of customer research, market conditions, and competitor data to identify growth opportunities or adjust strategies accordingly.
• Align branding and messaging with the company vision and ensure synchronization across the organization.
• Develop and manage relationships with key partners, and collaborate with external partners such as advertising agencies, media outlets, vendors, etc.
• Manage relationships with internal stakeholders.
• Research, recommend, and implement expansions to the marketing technology stack.
• Support the day-to-day and project management and delivery of the program plan, including helping to manage reviews and approvals.
• Develop and manage the marketing budget.
• Monitor, measure, and analyze campaign performance to determine ROI.
• Analyze data from various sources (e.g., website analytics) to inform decisions.
• Provide regular reporting on key metrics.
• B.A. in Marketing or business-related degree, or a technical degree with equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing for a B2B business; experience in technology. marketing preferred, with a proven track record in developing successful marketing strategies
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a management role.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce (or other CRM) with experience implementing integrated marketing technology platforms preferred.
• Must be a United States Citizen.
• Must maintain the ability to travel (internationally, air, drive, etc.).
• Must have initiative and a strong work ethic with excellent organizational skills to handle various tasks and projects.
• Ability to work as part of a team with strong interpersonal and management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Project management and planning experience.
• Consistent attention to detail and quality
• Must handle confidential information appropriately, exhibiting and maintaining a high degree of professionalism at all times.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. Occasional industrial and mining site visits will be required.
• The physical requirements represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, or crouch. The employee may need to lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The employee must be able to travel domestically and internationally to evaluate new products and business opportunities in industrial and mining environments, as needed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.