Matrix designs, manufactures, and sells innovative technological products that help keep people safe. Originally focused on the underground coal mining industry, Matrix has expanded into new industrial markets in the United States and globally.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager in Australia. This position works in a remote capacity from their home office but will be required to travel extensively.
This position reports to the MDAU General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- It is expected that you will travel on an as-needed basis to promote and develop the market(s) for the range of Matrix products and solutions and to perform remote work as required.
- Develop plans and implement company strategy in the region.
- Maintain and grow all existing clients.
- Ensure customer satisfaction levels remain high throughout the region and that appropriate action is taken to methodically address any issues identified.
- Manage and/or supervise large projects in the region as required and in cooperation with management.
- Manage the customer relationship with key site personnel and distributors.
- Manage the sales processes within the region and ensure quotations and proposals are developed in a timely manner by distributors.
- Provide reports (both verbal and written), on business unit performance, customer satisfaction, issues, and opportunities.
- Identify new opportunities and follow up directly, inclusive of meetings and presentations.
- Represent the company at relevant trade gatherings and marketing events.
- Assist with technical information and assistance to customers and distributors.
- Assist with financial performance, safety management, and project management.
- The role will also require you to perform installation, service, training and audit functions on the product range throughout the region. You will be required to maintain a high level of proficiency with the product range and assist in training.
- Conduct repairs to Matrix products as appropriate.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained to the highest standards for the client base.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable working on construction sites as well as underground and surface mining.
- Must be fit for work and meet site requirements.
- Must be committed to safe work methods and focused on job safety.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) & time management skills.
- Ability to provide accurate and detailed written reports and maintain records of work schedules.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, without direct supervision.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills and a desire to ensure high levels of satisfaction.
- Ability to manage distributors and resolve related matters professionally and expediently.
- Office environment
- Construction sites
- Underground Mining
- Surface Mining
- Various Industrial environments
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, or crouch. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 10 kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.