Matrix designs, manufactures, and sells innovative technological products that help keep people safe. Originally focused on the underground coal mining industry, Matrix has expanded into new industrial markets in the United States and globally.
We are currently seeking a Product Assembly Technician who is responsible for assembling components and finished goods to product specifications. The type of assembly and kitting operations are technical in nature and require the ability to maintain standard work practices along with the ability to make decisions within the limits of general standards and practices.
This position works in a team environment at our home office in Newburgh, IN. This is not a remote position.
This position reports to the Assembly Technician Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Read, study, and understand schematic diagrams, or process documents.
• Assemble components and finished goods to product specifications.
• Assemble and install electronics into sub-assemblies and finished goods.
• Perform regular test and inspection procedures to ensure that the product is formed in accordance with the specifications.
• Document and maintain manufacturing procedures for specified devices.
• Calibrate, test, and maintain production and test-associated equipment where applicable and designated.
• Maintains a safe, clean, and healthy environment and ensure the compliance with the company's rules and policies.
• Operate warehouse equipment such as fork trucks, pallet jacks, and work assist vehicles.
• Support the company’s ISO/IEC80079-34 initiatives.
Qualifications and Competencies
• High school diploma or a general educational diploma.
• Good hand and eye coordination with demonstrated excellent manual dexterity for precision alignment.
• Must have good communication skills- both verbal and written.
• Must be able to thrive in a team-based environment.
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and interface positively with other team members and departments.
• This position requires an organized individual who is self-motivated and can work independently.
• Ability to learn and master new assembly skills.
• Must be capable of working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Work conditions will be indoor with climate control.
The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop, or crouch. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.