Matrix is a safety, productivity, and energy solutions provider that designs, manufactures, and sells innovative technological products and services that enhance the lives of people around the world.
Originally focused on the underground coal mining industry, Matrix has expanded into new industrial and energy markets in the United States and globally.
We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer who will help our organization push quality to new levels. The Quality Engineer will play a crucial role in ensuring that our products meet the highest standards of quality and reliability. The successful candidate will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement quality control processes, identify areas for improvement and drive continuous quality enhancement throughout the product lifecycle. The Quality Engineer will work closely with design, testing, and manufacturing teams to determine product robustness, identify weak points, and implement necessary controls to ensure our products and services exceed customer expectations.
This position works in a team environment at our home office in Newburgh, IN with occasional travel and reports to the Director of Quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with internal teams to improve the quality of products for enhancement of customer satisfaction.
• Ensures products adhere to company and industry quality standards.
• Assist in the planning, development, implementation, communication, and maintenance of a company’s quality management systems, policies, documentation, data, and customer- specific requirements.
• Act as a liaison between engineering and manufacturing ensuring that product requirements and specifications are understood, documented, and verified prior to product release.
• Development of inspection guidelines for incoming components and materials.
• Prepare reports and documentation on malfunctions and corrective measures.
• Lead teams in follow-through of corrective and preventive actions.
• Support the company’s continuous improvement and lean initiatives.
• Perform risk assessments and implement control plans.
• Audit production activities according to the production plans.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional societies, and maintaining ASQ-certified quality engineer qualification.
• Engage with external providers to ensure robust quality of outsourced components.
• Support the company’s ISO/IEC80079-34 initiatives.
Qualifications & Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or equivalent discipline.
• 5+ years experience in related field.
• Experience in continuous improvement, lean concepts, or kaizen.
• Understanding of quality standards and safety regulations.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
The working conditions for this job are within a climate-controlled building. The noise levels most times are nominal.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, or crouch. There may be long periods of time when the employee needs to sit. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.