Matrix designs, manufactures, and sells innovative technological products that help keep people safe. Originally focused on the underground coal mining industry, Matrix has expanded into new industrial markets in the United States and globally.
We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst who will assist our organization with evaluating and enhancing existing processes and being a solid contributor in defining, designing, and developing new processes and procedures that enable our company to scale efficiently while growing. The ideal candidate must be able to effectively evaluate business processes, internal workflows, and stakeholder needs. They must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be able to write business reports, and have strong business acumen and data analysis skills, while also possessing the ability to interpret business metrics and complex data for different stakeholders and collaborate with IT and business leaders to develop new/updated process designs.
This position works in a team environment at our Newburgh, Indiana office. This is not a remote position.
This position reports to the VP of Manufacturing and Accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate companywide to identify and analyze opportunities for efficient business solutions.
• Design, develop, and document streamlined, effective business processes, communicating clearly to management and teams.
• Develop and execute project plans to resolve system and process issues in a dynamic environment.
• Collect and analyze data to measure the effectiveness of process enhancements.
• Map various business processes, gathering relevant information.
• Conduct research and on-site observations to identify tools, infrastructure, and personnel for process optimization.
• Stay updated on industry best practices and technology trends for efficient process automation.
• Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports on industry trends.
• Communicate with stakeholders to monitor operations and mitigate risks.
• Conduct regular meetings with operational stakeholders.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
Qualifications & Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, business administration, IT, or a related field.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in business process analysis.
• A high business acumen to understand the specific requirements of businesses and provide evidence-based recommendations for effective improvements.
• Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize technical and functional stakeholder requirements and determine what is feasible to deliver.
• Proficient in Microsoft Products software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Systems implementation and workflow modification experience is preferred.
• Audit and control environment experience is preferred.
• Must be able to operate efficiently and effectively both with minimal supervision and amongst a team.
Office setting with occasional need for travel (less than 10%).
The ability to sit at a desk for prolonged periods
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.